Siding is one of your homes first lines of defense against the harsh Minnesota climate. Siding is meant to protect your home while providing curb appeal that your neighbors are envious of. A few simple tips toward maintaining your siding will keep your home and its exterior in good shape for years to come:
- Cut Back Your Landscaping– Not only does it hurt your curb appeal, but it can hurt your siding. Cut back trees and shrubs that come in contact with your siding.
- Keep Your Siding Clean– Manufacturers recommend that you clean it twice a year so get out that hose and it doesn’t matter what type siding you have!
- Repair Damage To Siding– If you see and loose siding or siding with cracks make sure to call Ryan’s right away to take care of it. Siding is your homes first line of defense against moisture and bugs! Call Ryan’s immediately for a free inspection!
- Clean Your Gutters– Gutters are there to protect your roof, siding and foundation. Clean them and let them do their job!
- Flashing– It is important to ensure that your home has been properly equipped with kick-out flashing, brick flashing and window flashing – including drip-caps. Flashing is a water-resistant metal or plastic that is installed to direct water-flow away from the home, diverting water directly into the gutter or away from the home.