There is a book that my children love to read, Mr. Pines Purple House. The story opens with a frustrated Mr. Pine, “A white house is fine,” said Mr. Pine, “but there are FIFTY white house’s all in a line on Vine (street). How can I tell which house is mine?” Sadly enough, it happens that your windows and siding are in good shape and up to energy standards so you are stuck with what you have. Mr. Pine felt this way, and if you are stuck on a boring street like Mr. Pine here are some ideas to help your house stand out from the monotony:
- Front Door- Your front door is where you greet visitors, welcome friends, and invite guests in. Your front door is where you make first impressions. What impression are you making? By changing our your entry or storm door you are able to make a big impact with little investment and effort. Try a door in a bold color or ad some architectural flare.
- Accent Wall- Who says that your home needs to be covered in the same type of siding. You can create an exterior accent wall. Gables, dormers, bump-outs are your obvious choices. Highlight these architectural details with a different color, or even a different style/texture of siding. Experiment with vinyl shakes or scallops or even vertical board and batten siding. You can even try changing up the color on your homes corner trim to give it a fresh new look. If your siding is in great shape, work with what you have and just replace the area you want to highlight instead of siding the entire house!
- House Number- Your house number does not need to be 3 numbers glued to a plaque. Check out pinterest and see where your creativity can lead you! The possibilities are endless, whether you are using reclaimed barn wood, mosaic tile or etched glass on your entry door, you can make a piece of DIY art that reflects your personality and style.
- Shutters- Shutters no longer represent the quintessential cottage. There are hundreds of different styles and colors. You can maintain that sleek modern look or create a welcoming family home with shutters that make the statement you want to make. Stop by our show room to see all of the options.
- Flower Boxes- Window flower boxes are a delightful way to add beauty and color to the exterior of your home. You do not even need to have a green thumb, because artificial flowers work too! Once again, you need not be afraid that Hansel and Gretel will be skipping down your walk way. You can choose the statement and style of the window box, making it a cozy cottage or an magnetic modern design.
Not all of us would pick a purple house like Mr. Pine, but he made it his own. Call Ryan Windows & Siding to see what type of statement we can help you make with a new door, shutters, or siding.