With regular inspection, you can keep your roof well-maintained with a roof repair. However, with severe weather conditions in Minnesota, there are some signs to watch out for, that means that repairs aren’t going to be enough and roof replacement is your only option.
Signs you need a new roof include:
- Severe Attic Leaks: Attic usually is the most common and overlooked areas to check for leaks. If there is no attic or if the leak is very big it can even cause damage to the ceiling. These kinds of leaks are usually signs that you should consider replacing your roof before trouble increases.
- Old Roofs: You should know how old your roof is and when was it installed, what material was being used and does it have any warranty on it. A standard roofing system usually lasts up to 25 years. You can always consider the option for repairs and proper maintenance, but it is important that after 20-25 year you should consider replacing your roof.
- Examine the Shingles: Weather in Minnesota is usually very severe in winters and is unexpected. Storm damage/Hail damage can usually damage your roof shingles. If they are cracked or damage it is always advised to get a professional roof repair company. Keep in mind that you may need to consider roof replacement if you notice a significant loss of granules in the gutters or downspouts.
- Beware of Flashing: Flashing is usually a very important component of the roof. It helps in keeping the water out. This seal helps in protecting your house from rain and other severe weather. Flashing is usually made of tar or similar material. However, an upgrade to a metal flashing system can extend the life of your roof.
- Rotten: One of the most common signs of the damaged or rotten roof is leaks/ stains on interior walls. If left like that without any inspection that can slowly develop into the mold in ceilings and insulation. Rotted roof decking usually can’t be repaired. It must be fully replaced. The longer you wait for the more problems it will create.
- Mold and Fungi: Humidity can cause fungi and moss along with mold on the roof due to trapped moisture. This gradually can damage the roof beyond repair.
If you think you may need a new roof, consider contacting a professional roofing company like Ryan Windows & Siding to come to perform an inspection and provide a free estimate for your roof installation.
Roofing with Ryan Windows & Siding,
Whether it’s the freezing winter months or the hot summers, it’s no secret that the Minnesota area offers an unpredictable climate for homeowners. The extreme weather changes year after year can wear away your roof, which is the first line of defense for your home.
Over 25 years, our team has been providing customers with a top-notch roofing system that guarantees protection, performance, and efficiency. Our GAF certified roof installers bring experience and professionalism to all your roofing needs.
Our services include:
- Roof Repair
- Roof Replacement
- Roof Installation
- Storm Damage
Call us today @ 507-281-6363.