Remember all of those fun Holidays that you got to celebrate in Elementary School that seemed to have disappeared? Johnny Apple Seed Day, Groundhogs Day, and May Day! Lucky for you, May Day is right around the corner and there is no better time to surprise someone with a May Day Basket!
You can show your neighbors, friends, and family how much you love and support them with a simple May Day basket with items you probably have just lying around the house!
1. Gather your materials: Wrapping paper, approximately 12 inches of ribbon, Happy May Day tag, scissors, tape, hole puncher, paper towel, small plastic baggy, rubber band, and flowers!
2. Cut out a 15” square of wrapping paper. Fold the square in half, making a triangle and curl it into a cone shape.
3. Tape the paper so it maintains its cone shape. Trim off the access paper so you have a cone shape.
4. Punch a hole with your hole puncher on opposite sides of the cone, about ½ an inch from the top of the cone.
5. Trim the flowers to fit into your cone. Wrap a wet paper towel around the stems.
6. Place the wrapped stems in a plastic baggy. Wrap a rubber band around it to keep it in place and hold the moisture from the paper towel in the bag.
7. Pull ribbon through the hole punches and tie. Secure the Happy May Day tag to the ribbon on one side.
8. Hang on the door knob of family, friends, or neighbors and spread some joy!